The Daisy Mountain Fire and Medical District was formed in 1989 by a group of concerned citizens that strived to bring emergency services to our community. The District is funded primarily by property taxes regulated by Maricopa County and managed by community elected Fire Board representatives. Throughout the years, Daisy Mountain has grown into an organization that covers 200 square miles and provides services to the communities of Anthem, Black Canyon City, Cave Creek, Desert Hills, and New River with over 100 professional firefighters and EMS personnel.
- Structural Fire Protection.
- Emergency Medical / Paramedic Response.
- Ambulance Transport (Regulated by the Arizona Department of Health Services and covered by most health insurance companies).
- Brush Fire Protection.
- Hazardous Materials & Technical Rescue Response.
- Automatic Aid Response. This is a partnership with 28 other Valley agencies, combining resources and training to optimize service to the community.
- And so much more...
Unincorporated county areas within our Fire District that are not currently part of the district may be subject to service fees associated with the type of emergencies encountered. On March 26th, 2018, the elected Fire Board of the Daisy Mountain Fire and Medical District voted in favor of Resolution 360. This is a service fee structure, for customers not currently a part of the Fire District. To avoid these fees along with homeowners insurance challenges and high premiums, we would like to give the opportunity for property owners to annex into the Fire District.